Today, October 1, 2015, the new traffic regulations on how children should travel in the car come into force.
Before it was stipulated that children over 12 years old could already travel in the front seat of the car, from today this differentiation will be made according to height. Minors who do not exceed 1.35m must travel in the back seats of the car and with a restraint system adapted to your size and weight.
This regulation applies in all cases except:
- If the vehicle is a two-seater.
- If the rear seats were occupied by children with the same physical conditions and it was impossible to place all the seats behind.
And as you know, it is very important to remember some points to avoid possible serious injuries. According to the DGT the most important rules in a car where children and babies travel are:
- Never carry the child in your arms or use the same seat belt as the adult to protect him.
- The use of child restraint systems (CRS) reduces deaths by 75% and injuries by 90%.
- Make sure the chair is properly installed. It should not move.
- The child's head must never protrude over the back of the seat. If this happens, it is necessary to change it to another from the higher group.
- In the event that the minor has to travel in the front seat, because of any of the aforementioned exceptions, if the vehicle has a front airbag, they can only use rear-facing restraint systems if the airbag has been deactivated.
- Always well anchored. It is on short journeys that the greatest number of risky behaviors accumulate.
- Traffic recommends continuing to use the child restraint system approved for your weight and size until the smallest reaches 150 cm. At higher heights, you should use the vehicle's seat belt.
- And I add that there is no object in the car that could be thrown, since in an accident it could become a projectile and cause injuries to the occupants.
Surely this news already sounds familiar to you, but it is worth remembering it in case you still did not know all the points in detail.
And something very important to keep in mind is that CHILDREN TRAVEL TO CONTRAMARCHA.