Have you ever heard of breastfeeding, teething or baby necklaces?
These necklaces are designed for nursing mothers and babies, in the process of teething or for families who carry. Yes, dads can also use it, why not?
What are they for?
These necklaces are normally made of materials of different textures, colors and shapes. Thanks to these characteristics they serve as:
- relieves the pain of the first teeth (you can put it in the fridge and the beads will be fresh)
- Development of the fine motor
- entertainment for the little one while breastfeeding or traveling in the baby carrier.
They gave us one when M was 4 months old. I promise you I saw the light! 😉
Our little girl had a habit of scratching, giving annoying pinches or trying to tear off the moles while breastfeeding, trying to sleep or going in her backpack. Over time I have found that almost all babies in the world have similar mania. When we released the breastfeeding necklace, the war marks on shoulders, neck and breasts ended. He preferred to bite, scratch, or squeeze the beads on the necklace.
Types and materials for necklaces
The first thing I have to recommend in this section is that you be careful with the materials of these products. As you know, all the objects that the baby is going to take to the mouth must be free of toxins and be prepared for it.
It's recommended that:
- It is preferable that they do not contain plastics, if so, it must bear the indication that they do not contain any of these toxins: Formaldehydes, Phthalates, Bisphenol A (BPA), PVC.
- If the packaging has the phrase 'Non-toxic' and the control seal is sufficient.
- Know who the manufacturer brand is and where it comes from.
- They should not contain small parts that can come off, and can block your airways.
- Those containing wood it is important that the paints and stains are non-toxic and free of metals (lead)
- Those containing pieces of cloth should be organic cotton that is grown free of pesticides. If not, if it is cotton it is also fine. Avoid synthetic fabrics.
- Those that contain silicones must be food silicones free of toxic substances such as: BPA, Cadmium, Phthalates, Latex, metals, PVC
- You should never leave the baby alone with the necklace since it could become entangled with it.
Being a mother should not be at odds with dressing and grooming as you wish. Necklaces models are very different. You can find more models every day, more hippies, more modern and also elegant.
A few months ago I was at the #mbday of Madresphere Y Mamichic He gave us one each. I have to say M is already 2 years old and his teeth don't hurt but he loves to bite him and I keep putting it on to go outside when I go alone 😉
Have you tried these necklaces? What material do you like the most?